The Right Decisions
You can be effective without having to work hard. Success is not necessarily about working hard, it is about making the right choices, the right decisions.
- Jeff Hawkins
President Thomas S. Monson was inspired when he said that "decisions determine destiny." After going through this week's reading, I asked myself certain questions. What do I really love? How do I achieve my dreams? Is what I love working for me? How do I marry my talents and passion and get adequate compensation? Am I making the right decisions? I have thought long and hard about these questions and I am still thinking about them. I intend to find the answers. Why are these questions so important? At the end of my journey on earth or years from now, I'd like to take stock of my life and see who I've become and do I like the result? Since I started this course I have been doing that and sometimes I do not like the result and sometimes I am happy with myself.
Most people would like to measure their life by their influence or net worth, I think that who we have become, our relationship with God and others matter a lot. People rely on us, they look to our examples and pattern their lives according to them. Most importantly, at the end of my life, if I have given up my relationships for money, wealth or fame, I would end up lonely and sad. I wouldn't have had much success. If I have given up my relationship with God for wealth, I wonder how I would face him at the last day. Would I even recognize Him? And who would I have become? Probably a selfish and self-centered person with no value for the little things in life.
I have asked myself how i could make the right decisions. The answer is in this week's assignment! By defining my core values! I have set them in such a way that they are all derived from the scriptures. Anything I do must be in line with these values. I am positive that they will help me make effective decisions. I am very happy that I took this course, listening to Acton Hero Sharon Mays was refreshing. When you finally find your place, you feel liberated and come what may you find a way to achieve your goals. That's not saying that you would live "happily ever-after", you'll have challenges, you'll make mistakes, but you would love the experience.
Comments
Post a Comment